Susan Boyle Launches International Search To Find A Singer To Duet On Her New Album
“Last year my dream of becoming a recording artist came true after auditioning on Britain's Got Talent. Since then, I’ve had an absolutely fantastic time. It’s been a real gift to me and now I would like to pass on the gift to someone else.” Susan Boyle
At the end of a phenomenally successful year which saw her debut album smash records and sell over 9 million copies, Susan decided that she wanted to offer someone the opportunity to make their debut in the music industry.
The winner will have the opportunity to duet with Susan on her upcoming second album, The Gift.
The competition is being run through her official website and her YouTube channel. The competition is open from Friday, July 9th and runs until Friday, July 23rd 2010 with the winner being announced on Monday, July 26th 2010.
Entrants can upload videos of themselves singing “Silent Night” and Susan Boyle will be viewing all entries and then pick a winner.
Susan said; “There are a lot of people out there who wouldn’t have the confidence or perhaps the means to enter a big competition like Britain’s Got Talent. So this might be a lot less daunting for some people as they can record the song in the privacy of their own home. I’m hoping that people who have always wanted to sing will give it a try. I wish you all good luck.”
Susan Boyle speaking to Britain's Got Talent Judge Piers Morgan about her international search for a singer to duet on her new album The Gift.
Photographer Credit: Syco/Charlie Gray.
*Notes on Susan Boyle:
- 500 MILLION YOUTUBE HITS
- AUDITION PERFORMANCE IS THEIR MOST WATCHED YOUTUBE VIDEO OF 2009
- MOST PRE-ORDERED ALBUM IN AMAZON'S HISTORY GLOBALLY
- THE FASTEST SELLING DEBUT ALBUM GLOBALLY
- 9 MILLION ALBUMS SOLD WORLDWIDE
- #1’S IN 21 COUNTRIES WORLDWIDE! (US, UK, CDA, OZ, NZ, JAPAN, SWITZERLAND, ARGENTINA, HONG KONG, KOREA, MIDDLE EAST, ISRAEL, IRELAND, NETHERLANDS, GREECE, BELGIUM, MEXICO, GERMANY, THAILAND, SINGAPORE, SOUTH AFRICA)
- ALBUM CERTIFIED PLATINUM (OR MORE) IN 16 COUNTRIES WORLDWIDE
- PERFORMED ON SOME OF THE BIGGEST TV’s IN THE WORLD INCL: OPRAH, AMERICA’S GOT TALENT, DANCING WITH THE STARS IN US AND SPAIN, SAN REMO (ITALY), GERMANY’S GOT TALENT, LE GRAND JOURNAL (FRANCE), NHK RED/WHITE SONG CONTEST (JAPAN)
- #1 ON AMAZON US, UK, CANADA, FRANCE, JAPAN
- #1 ITUNES US, UK, IRELAND JAPAN, CANADA, FRANCE, PORTUGAL, SPAIN, SWITZERLAND, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, MEXICO
- NUMBER ONE CHRISTMAS ALBUM OF 2009
- THE FASTEST SELLING UK DEBUT ALBUM OF ALL TIME
- HIGHEST ONE WEEK SALE FOR A FEMALE ACT IN CHART HISTORY