Sunday, July 31, 2011
Inaugural Top Ten Event in Toronto August 4 2011 for the Stephen Lewis Foundation
Stellar line-up for Top Ten Event
Jake Gold, Kelly Carlson round out 10 speakers for inaugural event
Thursday, August 4, 2011 at the Isabel Bader Theatre, Toronto
Toronto, ON – Stuart Knight is pleased to announce the final list of speakers and their topics for the first-ever Top Ten Event. Taking place on Thursday, August 4 at the Isabel Bader Theatre, this unique event will inspire, educate and entertain while raising money and awareness for the Stephen Lewis Foundation, an organization that supports grassroots projects turning the tide of AIDS in Africa.
The 10 inspiring Canadians taking part in the Top Ten Event are (alphabetically by last name):
• Kelly Carlson (actress Nip/Tuck): on Manifesting Your Life
• Donna Dooher (chef, cookbook author and owner of Mildred’s Temple Kitchen): on Food
• Jake Gold (CEO, The Management Trust; EVP, Entertainment Business Affairs; Canadian Idol judge): on the Music Industry
• Rex Harrington (Artist-in-Residence at the National Ballet of Canada and guest judge on So You Think You Can Dance Canada - pictured): on Partnerships
• George Kourounis (storm chaser and host of OLN’s Angry Planet): on Your Comfort Zone
• Dr. Samantha Nutt (founder of War Child Canada): on Making a Difference
• Lisa Ray (international performer and philanthropist - pictured below): on Accepting Life
• Bruce Poon Tip (founder of GAP Adventures): on Adventure
• Shevaun Voisin (founder of Motivated Magazine): on the Power of Audacity
• W. Brett Wilson (entrepreneur, philanthropist and host of Risky Business):on Success
Cameras will film the evening as part of Risky Business, a new television series hosted by Wilson that will begin airing on Monday, September 12 on the Slice Network.
• Tickets retail for $40 or $60 and are available now at www.eventbrite.com.
About Stuart Knight:
Stuart Knight is an entrepreneur, actor, entertainer, writer and producer. He graduated from the School of Business and Economics at Wilfrid Laurier University. Since establishing his company, Knight has written, produced and starred in shows that have been seen by more than one million people across North America. Each year, he travels the country giving inspirational speeches and workshops, and has shared the stage with such notable names as Pamela Wallin, Robin Sharma and Jenny McCarthy. He has a new book titled You Should Have Asked – the Art of Powerful Conversation.
About The Stephen Lewis Foundation:
The Stephen Lewis Foundation (SLF) supports community-level organizations that are turning the tide of HIV/AIDS in Africa by providing care and support to women, children orphaned by AIDS, grandmothers, and people living with HIV and AIDS. Since 2003, the SLF has funded more than 700 initiatives with 300 community-based organizations in the 15 African countries hardest hit by the pandemic.