Arlene Dickinson releases debut book Persuasion
Also releasing signature Persuasion line of wine, coffee, chocolate and skin care
Toronto, ON – At 30, Arlene Dickinson was divorced, had a high school diploma, no savings and no idea how to feed four young children. Today she is the CEO of Venture Communications, co-host of CBC’s award-winning series Dragon’s Den and one of the country’s most sought-after female entrepreneurs.
The secret of her journey from poverty to the corner office? The art of Persuasion.
In her debut book, Arlene explains with her signature wit and unusual candour how to master the art of persuasion – without an M.B.A. – to achieve maximum success in business and in life. The highly entertaining book is filled with stories and compelling social science, and is sure to captivate and inspire readers. Persuasion will hit book shelves on Tuesday, September 13 across Canada (HarperCollinsCanada, $32.99 CDN).
Arlene will be promoting Persuasion with several public appearances and book signings across the country, including:
Monday, Sept. 19: Toronto, Indigo at Manulife Centre (55 Bloor Street W.), 7 to 8 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 24: Etobicoke, Costco (50 Queen Elizabeth Blvd), 1 to 3 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 25: Winnipeg, McNally Robinson (1120 Grant Ave.), 12:30 to 2:45 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 26: Calgary, Costco (99 Heritage Gate SE), 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Friday, Oct.14: Annual WordFest: Banff-Calgary International Writers Festival. 6 to 7 p.m.
Relax and enjoy the fine art of PersuasionTo complement the book, Arlene has designed a signature line of Persuasion products, including some of her favourite indulgences.
• 2010 Persuasion Dragon Blend - a beautiful and bold 2010 Sonoma County red wine blended exclusively for Arlene. Persuasion wine will be available in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba at select retailers and through Fluid Imports (403) 873-1615, and in Ontario through B&W Wines, (416) 531-5553.
• Persuasion Coffee – a blend of Tanzanian AA and Celebes Kalossi inspired by the individuality and character of Arlene Dickinson herself.
• Persuasion Chocolate – a rich and delicious Belgian chocolate, with exotic toppings like berries, peppermint green tea, caramel almond, sea salt and cayenne pepper.
• Persuasion Skin Care – anaturalorganic skin care product line designed to give the user a relaxing and spa like skin care experience.
• Persuasion coffee, chocolate and skin care will be available at ArleneDickinson.com and select retailers, starting Wednesday, September 21.