From a release:
DJ Skate Nights at Harbourfront Toronto
Saturdays 8-11pm - FREE
December 15, 2012 to February 23, 2013
Part of Skate Culture.
TORONTO - Lace 'em up tight and make your way down to The Natrel® Rink for some serious waterfront winter grooves! Beginning December 15 through February 23.
No matter how DJs choose to mix, chop and spin their music, they always draw influence from the past. This year, we promise a musical journey that spans eras, taking you back to a time when funk, soul, R&B, jazz and disco were in heavy rotation. Our DJs bring an ambience to the rink, transforming our skating experience into a dance club on ice.
The Natrel® Rink is Toronto's most unique skating atmosphere and the perfect place to create winter memories. Get ready to lace up your skates and hustle on down every Saturday night as our DJs reminisce and rehash classic tunes, showing you the melodic transformation of past to current music and how they can create something unexpected and magical.
Some may play '50s soul paired with '60s funk and some may revive rockabilly, while others will fuse old school hip hop with upbeat bhangra or showcase soca legends blended with tropical Latin melodies.
This is epic music as mixed, blended and spun by our talented DJs.
– Tanya D'Souza, Assistant Artistic Associate
– Rodrigo Fritz, Artistic Associate
Schedule to January 19, 2013:
- December 15, 2012 FLOW 93-5 DJ Skate Night featuring DJ P-PLUS & Miss Ange
- December 22, 2012 - 1 Love T.O. Holiday Skate Party with DJ D-LUX
- December 29, 2012 - Bollywood Blitz with DJ Baba Khan
- January 5, 2013 - Tribute Night with DJ M-Rock
- January 12, 2013 - A Decade of Top 40 with DJ Manifest
- Januaray 19, 2013 - Electro Swing with DJ medicineman