From a media release:
Tickets to Bette Midler in I'LL EAT YOU LAST
On Sale Now
THROUGH TELECHARGE.COM FOR
I’LL EAT YOU LAST
THE NEW PLAY BY TONY AWARD WINNER JOHN LOGAN
DIRECTED BY TWO-TIME TONY AWARD WINNER JOE MANTELLO
• PREVIEWS BEGIN FRIDAY, APRIL 5 FOR A WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24 2013 OPENING NIGHT AT THE BOOTH THEATRE (222 WEST 45TH STREET)
• Single Tickets
• Premium Tickets
NEW YORK CITY - Tickets went on sale to the general public recently for Bette Midler’s return to Broadway in John Logan’s new one-woman play I’LL EAT YOU LAST: A CHAT WITH SUE MENGERS, directed by Joe Mantello. For tickets, call 212-239-6200 or visit Telecharge.com.
The limited engagement for I’LL EAT YOU LAST begins previews Friday, April 5 and opens Wednesday, April 24 at the Booth Theatre (222 West 45th Street).
Appearing on Broadway for the first time in 30 years, Tony and Grammy Award-winning superstar Bette Midler will play the legendary Hollywood agent Sue Mengers (1932-2011) in the new, one-character play.
Sue Mengers was an American original. She was the first female “superagent” at a time when women talent agents of any kind were almost unheard of. She came from near poverty, a refugee from Hitler's Germany, and worked her way up through pluck, charm, and a legendary wit. In that uniquely American way, she invented herself; and when the career she wanted didn't exist, she invented that as well: “Superagent.” It was a term Hollywood all but coined for her. By the 1970's, she represented almost every major star in Hollywood and went on to become the town’s most renowned hostess.
The creative team includes three-time Tony Award winner Scott Pask (scenic design), Academy Award winner Ann Roth (costume design), three-time Tony nominee Hugh Vanstone (lighting design), and Drama Desk Award winner Fitz Patton (sound design).
I’LL EAT YOU LAST is produced on Broadway by Graydon Carter, Arielle Tepper Madover, James L. Nederlander, The Shubert Organization, Terry Allen Kramer, Stephanie P. McClelland, Jeffrey Finn, Ruth Hendel, Larry Magid, Jon B. Platt, and Scott & Brian Zeilinger.
Ticket prices range from $82 – $142. Standing room and rush policies will be announced in the coming weeks.
Please note I’LL EAT YOU LAST will be dark on Thursdays. Unless otherwise noted, the production will play seven performances per week.
- FRIDAY, APRIL 5 – SUNDAY, APRIL 7 (3 PERFORMANCES): Friday and Saturday at 8 PM. Matinee on Sunday at 3 PM.
- MONDAY, APRIL 8 – SUNDAY, APRIL 14 (6 PERFORMANCES): Monday through Wednesday at 7 PM, Friday and Saturday at 8 PM. Matinee on Sunday at 3 PM.
- MONDAY, APRIL 15 – SUNDAY, APRIL 21: Monday through Wednesday at 7 PM, Friday and Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Saturday at 2 PM, Sunday at 3 PM.
- MONDAY, APRIL 22 – SUNDAY, APRIL 28 (WEEK OF OPENING): Monday and Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday (opening night) at 6:30 PM, Friday and Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Saturday at 2 PM, Sunday at 3 PM.
- MONDAY, APRIL 29 – SUNDAY, MAY 26: Monday and Tuesday at 7 PM, Friday and Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Wednesday and Saturday at 2 PM, Sunday at 3 PM.
- MONDAY, MAY 27 – SUNDAY, JUNE 2 (6 PERFORMANCES/WEEK OF MEMORIAL DAY): Tuesday at 7 PM, Friday and Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Wednesday and Saturday at 2 PM, Sunday at 3 PM. Please note there will be no performances on Monday and Thursday of this week.
- MONDAY, JUNE 3 – SUNDAY, JUNE 30: Monday and Tuesday at 7 PM, Friday and Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Wednesday and Saturday at 2 PM, Sunday at 3 PM.